Hello from Georgia

LeeStar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone! I've been checking out this forum and it looks like a cool place, with lots of good info, so I decided it join. Looking forward to joining the discussions.

A little background on me: I've been taking photos since I was a kid (with my Kodak 126). I enjoyed it so I saved my money and bought a Minolta XG-1 in the early 80's. For over ten years I took 100's of rolls of film, and slides. Took several photo classes at the adult school. Entered and won a few contests. Then I drifted away from photography for several years as life got tough (dealing with ill parents, etc.). I bought an Olympus point & shoot with 1.2 mps just for casual shots. A couple of years ago I got interested in photography again and decided to explore the digital world. I upgraded my P&S and then bought a used Canon Rebel. I've been using the Canon for two years now. I find digital very different from film and the process has been frustrating in a lot of ways. Recently I've started shooting film again. I love film but it's no easy feat these days! Just getting it developed is a huge production. I'm in the process of experimenting/exploring to see if I want to continue or not. If I can get the results I used to, I'll continue to incorporate both film and digital into my hobby. I think there is a time and a use for both.

Welcome to Hotel TPF! Your photography journey sounds much like mine--except that once I got hold of a DSLR, I embraced digital photography and haven't looked back! I still own several film cameras and once in a while take 'em for a spin, but I really just don't miss film. Oh, and the other difference is that I was smart and bought a Nikon. :D KIDDING!!

Welcome to the site.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Oh, and the other difference is that I was smart and bought a Nikon. :D KIDDING!!

No, to me that would be, you were rich and bought a Nikon. :) I was lucky to be able to afford the Canon. Good to know the Nikon vs. Canon rivalry is still alive and well. :wink:

Most reactions

Back