Hello from ice cold Norway

mar1u5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mariusaasheim.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just joined and thought I'd do the polite thing and introduce myself.

I live in norway and have been playing around with cameras for about 10 years. Nothing serious, mostly compacts, untill about 2-3 years ago when I bought my first DSLR - the canon eos 350D.

A quick summary of the cameras I've worked with, in pictures:

Olympus something-or-other 1.3 megapixels compact camera. Most mobile phones beats this in IQ these days:lol:

PIC00022.jpg

Upgraded to a canon ixus40 4 megapixels compact:

celica4.jpg

After shooting with the ixus for a while, I felt I needed something with a bit more manual control - but I wasn't ready for a full on DSLR yet, so I got a canon powershot S3 IS:

august03.jpg

Then I took the step up to DSLR, with the canon 350D (xt) (with 18-55 kit lens). I had real doubts about doing it, mostly because I had grown acustomed to composing my shots with the screen instead of the viewfinder. But after seeing the results a DSLR could create, I've never looked back:

avensis42.jpg

Only had the 350D for about 2 months, and then upgraded to the canon 400D (xti) with the canon ef-s 17-55 f2.8 IS (great lens!):

diablo11.jpg

I guess by now you can see a "theme" in what I'm shooting :lol:

For 2009 I've upgraded to the nikon D300 with a nikkor 16-85 VR lens. Looking forward to trying it out, and I'm going to try and take pictures of a bit more than just cars this year.

I've just arrived here too but I must welcome and congratulate you on a very original introduction! I guess you're starting off really well! :thumbup:

Welcome and those are some nice pix there I love the cars.....

Nice progression! Welcome aboard.

i love your car pictures anyway its nice to meet you welcome aboard

Most reactions

Back