Hello from Iceland

kippystarz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there! I'm a hotel/restaurant manager living in Iceland. I have the fortune of working evenings, and spending my nights with the sky. I have always loved the night sky, and just recently started photographing it. I have no idea what I'm doing. :D I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible!

I assume you mean jökulsárlón. I actually like Fjallasárlón more. The water isn't as clear as it doesn't run straight into the ocean, but for the same reason there are more icebergs in the lagoon, and there are way less people. Usually only 1-2 cars. Also, last winter the lagoon was completely frozen, and you were able to walk out onto the ice, and really get close to the icebergs. It was incredible!

I'm going back in the beginning of April for a few days but we plan on flying to the northern part of Iceland and roaming about there.
Any suggestions would be great.
If you are available when we pass through, a drink or coffee together would be nice.

Lew

I'm in the golden circle area. if you have any specific questions about things to see, or things you're looking for, feel free to ask! :) Gorgeous photos btw!

Most reactions

Back