Hello from Illinois!

Elliehanna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I have always loved photography and enjoyed taking photos with my point and shoot and even my dad's 35 mm when I was a kid. My aunt gave me her 35 mm when I graduated High School in 04 and I played around with it but because film development is expensive (for my budget anyhow) I never really messed with it much and worked with my little point and shoot. Well I had a child in January of 2012 and because of that my FIL went dutch on a little digital video camera. I had been wanting a DSLR camera for oh about 10 years and my husband said I could get one with our taxes this year so I did.

I have a Rebal T1i, the stock lens and a 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 III

I also reserved my dad's old Canon, was hoping the lenses would work but its just to old but its a fantastic camera so I am keeping it for shots I just can't get with my camera (it has a number of different lenses)

I know I have a lot to learn, I have never taken a photography class, I have gotten a few tips from a few friends on some other forums (dog forums, my subject matter is mostly my dog since my baby is not one to stand still or walk where you want her to lol)

I ask you to dumb things down for me please, I don't know the photographer lingo so I will often ask for you to explain things differently I am sure, I do not mind constructive criticism as I would like to take better and more difficult shots one day. I however do not have the money for a new lens (I really want a fast focus but they are just to expensive with 3 people and a dog on a single income).

anyhow here is a photo I took today (I think it was probably the best photo I took today) my criticism of myself is that there is shading on the side of his body and it would look a lot better if there wasn't shade there

8622904594_9e5a418096_b.jpg
[/URL] smaller 8500 by cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forum. Read a lot of the post. Its a little of everything you ever wanted to know about photography. but were afraid to ask, And then some. Have fun.

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back