Hello from... Its complicated.

DrewPR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, Drew here. I'm a total newbie to the site but have been doing digital photo since '08 or so. Recent college grad (Economics degree) and am currently living in the greater Las Vegas area. However, I spend a lot of time in the Lake Tahoe/Carson Valley, NV area and am on the verge of moving to Garmisch Partenkirchen, Germany to work at a hotel there.

I've been a total hobbyist since my first DSLR, a Rebel XTi, and have since worked with a 6D (which was robbed from me at gunpoint in Paris shortly after purchase) and just recently sold my car to acquire a shiny new Sony A7 w/ 28-70 3.5-5.6 kit lens. So far I love it but it has been an interesting transition from traditional DSLRs.

Lately I have been thinking seriously about moving in a more professional direction with my work, mainly into the travel photo world. I figure given my new job in Germany I'll have some of the most beautiful travel destinations at my fingertips and should be able to secure some great opportunities.

Oh and I love HDR.

Looking forward to meeting the community!

~Drew

Welcome. That's an exciting story about getting robbed at gunpoint. Tell more. What kind of car did you sell for the A7? Also, don't say HDR too loud around here. Most members look down on it since far too often it is over done. The best HDR pics are ones you can't tell use it.

Yah I figured I would find some dissent to the HDR stuff. It'd be far from my first encounter with HDR opposition. Maybe i'll find some fellow high dynamic rebels on TPF to converse with!:mrgreen:

The robbery story happened this past January. I purchased the 6D the previous May prior to a trip to Thailand/Cambodia/Hong Kong and as my first full-frame setup it served me very well there. Check out my Flickr album for some shots. I had just finished up a month long study abroad trip and was wandering the streets of Paris late-night, killing time, shooting around here and there. Shortly after visiting an ATM and taking a wrong turn down a secluded street I was pinned up into a doorway alcove and the man asked for my money. I gave him all the cash I had, which was only 30 euros or so, and unfortunately I had my 6D slung on my shoulder which he saw and requested.:grumpy: So I forked it over. Luckily for me I had uploaded the previous night so I didn't lose too many shots.

As I mentioned before i'm moving out of the country soon and will not be needing my car so 3 weeks ago I turned my '03 Audi A4 into a Sony A7 w/ a battery grip, new bag, filter, strap etc. with a bit of dough left over. Looking into spending the rest of that on a wide angle to supplement my kit lens.

Heres one of my favorites from the Thailand excursion to save you the trip to my Flickr page:
$8924495021_ac237e5715_k.jpg

.. the man asked for my money.... which he saw and requested.

Say what you will about the French, at least they have polite muggers.

Welcome to the party!!! It's about time you got here! ;)

.. the man asked for my money.... which he saw and requested.

Say what you will about the French, at least they have polite muggers.

It's the language. Even "Give me your flippin camera or I'll blow your brains all over the sidewalk" has kind of a romantic feel to it when translated into French.

Hello and welcome to the forum Drew...

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back