Hello from Jeff in Lancashire, England

chorleyjeff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just signed up. Found the forum browsing while keeping out of the way of the gas fitter putting a new boiler and some rads in the system. Seems a friendly sort of place where my incompetance will be tolerated.
I'm a part time library assistant and retired from my proper job.
So far as photting is concerned I'm a Jack of all trades and not much cop at any of them. I use MF for prints and 35mm for slides and am lucky enough to have a small but permanent darkroom. Not digi yet, apart from flatbed scanner, so a bit limited with pixels etc although I have ( a pirate ) version of PS.
I've recently started going to Lancashire Monochrome meetings and I guess I shall have to screw up my courage to show some prints. Was a member of a local camera club but got fed up with the rigid conventions. I am having a look round at some other clubs this year.
I would love to have the imagination and vision of an artist and I guess the most difficult part of photography is the idea or vision for a picture - the technical bits I think I can learn by trial and error - and how I envy people with ideas.
Anyhow that's enough for now
Cheers
Jeff

chorleyjeff said:
I would love to have the imagination and vision of an artist
I've got a few scalpels and I'm totally imoral so tell me which artist's you'd like to have and I'm sure we can agree a price :lol:
Welcome to TPF

Hertz i wonder how many people in the UK you have scared by just welcoming them to this forum lool ;)

neway

Welcome Jeff and i look forward to seeing some pics from you somewhere on this forum

Hey Jeff, welcome to TPF.

Hertz van Rental said:
I've got a few scalpels and I'm totally imoral so tell me which artist's you'd like to have and I'm sure we can agree a price :lol:
Welcome to TPF

For a second I thought you meant some sort of PS trickery.
On the other hand I'm quite used to being carved up by rental Hertz vans so the alternative is not so radical.
Jeff

Hiya, welcome to ThePhotoForum, Jeff, from me, too.
I am quite curious to see some of your photos now that you have said you lack the vision and imagination ;) --- I feel so much the same.
But this is a friendly board and you can feel very free to show whatever you want (within the regular limits, of course). Sometimes you need to pluck up your courage, but then ... :D.
See you around!

Most reactions

Back