Hello from Kansas

DM1975

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just saying hello. I joined a while back but just now getting around to posting. I am a retired and disabled soldier and am about to start school on line with the Art Institute of Pittsburgh to get some education and start a new career. I have already done NYIP, although I never sent in all of my work due to time constraints and deployments, but I have been practicing photography for years. Hope to learn a lot on here.

Good luck and have fun making pictures.

btw, I also have been a soldier, tough not as a profession (but as Dutch National Reserve member).

Thanks. I am in an advantageous position now I guess because I do not have to rely on this as an income right now, and I can spend all my time on it. I sold most of the equipment I used to own so I have to re-invest in everything. I want to be able to do portraits, weddings, events, and maybe some stock photographyh as well. I know I am not at the level to start really charging anyone for any work right now, but that's ok. I want to make sure I am doing good before I attempt to charge.

As for right now I have a CanonSX10IS, not the best, but I am looking to get an actual DSLR with some good lenses and lighting as needed. I have been looking at the Canon D60, D5 MkII, and D7. I think I may settle on the D7 as of right now. For lenses, I was kind of spoiled from having mostly L lenses in the past so I am going to try to stick with them now as best as budget can manage.

I was very heavy into photography in the past, and had to set it aside for work and family in the past. Now I want to get back into it all and hopefully get some of my eye back and develop it further as I go. My family is very supportive of this so I feel that I will be able to progress fine with it.

Most reactions

Back