Hello from LAS VEGAS!

Vegasvec

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! I am very much new to the world of digital photography. For the longest time, I was just enamored by the ease of a point and shoot digital camera, but hoping the pictures would come out half-way decent.

So now I am getting married this summer and decided it is a good time to invest is a decent DSLR. I have the honeymoon coming up, which is a once in a lifetime event, then hopefully lots of pictures with family and kids. So I wanted a camera I can capture all of those moments.

Anyways, I settled on a Nikon D5000. I originally liked the Canon T2i, but I couldn't pass up the bundle Costco offerred. With the D5000, I got a bag, 4 GB SD, 18-55mm and 55-200mm. I come home from work every night and play around with the settings!

My only frustration is that when it comes time to take an actual photo during an event, I may not know what settings to put it on! I will probably end up taking 10 different pictures just to try out the various settings.

I can hear it now... "wait one more....no one more!" hahahaha...

Anyways, living in Vegas there are plenty of great photo opportunities. So I am going to venture out this weekend and post some of my shots. Critiques are appreciated!

Hello VV, and welcome to TPF! Getting out and shooting is the best way to learn. I look forward to seeing some of your shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back