Hello from London

Itsbigdave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys I'm new here been reading bits on here for a while but only just got round to purchase my first DSLR went for Nikon D3200 twin lens package.
Cant wait to get started. I am mostly going to be shooting street photography so would appreciate any advice

Thanks
Dave

Welcome to the site.

Welcome, Dave.

With those two lenses the maximum aperture is not overly wide, so plan your outings in times of good light. That is the only thing I can think of now.

Welcome aboard Dave!

@designer thanks for the tip I have ordered a nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D.

Anyone got any other tips. All help welcome and very much appreciated. I am very new and know I need all the help I can get. Especially with how to spot a good shot.

Welcome to the forum.

Hello! - Lots of good sights around london to shoot, I go in every once in a while on thr train to do so.

One tip, dont got mad with lenses at the start, in reality youll probably only ever need 2 or 3.

I've just got to train my eye to spot opportunities.
I've read a bit on leading lines, about how vertical adds different dimensions to horizontal. Rule of thirds. Balance and informal balance. I am just struggling to find a shot. I wanted to go out last night and do a slow exposure shot but given the weather I didn't.

I really need to teach myself to see photos that's my biggest concern. When I look I can't see what would work and where my angle would be best to shoot from.

I've been reading up on rule of thirds.
Balance and informal balance.
And how different types of lines give different feelings to a photo.

I surprise the best thing I can do is take them often and get them c&c here.

I really need to teach myself to see photos that's my biggest concern.

Yes, training one's eye is going to take some time. I think most successful street shots are serendipitous in nature. Just the luck of being there at the right time and seeing the shot. Just relax and let it happen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back