Hello from Louisiana

SnakeBlitz33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello World,

I am new to photography, and I need a lot of help. I haven't bought a camera yet because I am in the process of researching. I'm one of those people who love to research as deep into things as I can before I spend a penny. Just part of my personality. I have a family and my little one is going to be a year old in a couple of months and I want to be able to photograph her first birthday with a decent camera. Not only that, but I also want to take some pictures of my reef tanks and my family and friends reef tanks so that I can finish the book that I am writing and researching on saltwater aquaria. Since I need all original pictures for the book, I want some high quality photos to be able to get that professional look and feel.

I am a college student and I am going to be a Biology teacher in a couple of years, so I figure it would be neat to take some original pictures of organisms that we will be studying in the classroom as well. I think it will be fun to pick up this hobby - as well as my saltwater aquarium obsession. I hope to share plenty of pictures with the board of my tanks and my friends tanks over time. I'm not one of those people that get offended by criticism on a photo - if it could look better in any way - I want to learn how to do it!

Thank you for reading - and I am sure that I will start getting on ya'lls nerves by asking too many questions right off the bat. Thank you for your patience.

Welcome to TPF, SnakeBlitz! I think you have an exciting career planned out for yourself, and photography will be important to you (for that and of course for your growing family!). :) We have a lot of threads on "What to buy", so please use the internal "Search", it should bring up a lot of material for you to read. We also have the Camera Forum by name, which has a lot of great discussion and "pro and con" points to consider. Have at it - and don't hesitate to ask questions when you need to dig a little deeper.

Enjoy the forum!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back