Hello from Middle Tennessee

biquer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been working with cameras since I was very young, being exposed to a BW darkroom at age 8 or 9, going on 50 years ago. Over that time I've had my own darkroom, color and BW, worked with Instamatics to rangefinders to SLRs to TLRs to to commercial graphic arts to 5x7 / 4x5 view and now to serious digital. Over the past 12 or so years my Contax SLRs and Fuji film have done well with a Nikon Coolscan 5000. But it was about darn time I moved into the 21st century with a Nikon D700 and Nikkor AF-S 50 / 1.4G. It's just been a week or so, using a simple lens to learn what the camera can do and how to make it sing. My education, my experience and my job have all provided the technical knowledge, but the capability of this new gear is somewhat mind boggling. I look forward to meeting like-minded people, learning and sharing.biquer

Welcome to the group. There are a number of us in Tennessee floating around here so you are in good company. Lots of varied experience as well, from brand new to highly experienced. Take a look around, make yourself at home.

Hello...I'm in MS as you know that's across the street from TN. LOL! I'm new as well and look forward to making new friends

Most reactions

Back