Hello from Montana!

KnicKnack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone! Missoula Montana TPF Noob here! I just got my first DSLR, the Nikon D5100! I've been looking for a good deal on one for a long time and the camera of my dreams finally found me! I'm so excited to finally have one! This looked like a good, fun, friendly forum to help me progress with my photos and to meet other awesome people/photographers. I'm excited to get to know a lot of you and participate in photo challenges :D hope you all have a fantastic day!

Welcome. There are a couple of people in Montana on TPF here. I'm from Bozeman but, now I live on the east coast.

Welcome to TPF!

I'm in Billings. Do you go to school in Missoula? My wife is finishing up at Rocky Mountain College.

Welcome! Just bought my first D-SLR too (D3100). Looking forward to seeing your shots.

No, I'm not going to school any more but I actually went to Rocky Mtn in 2006-2008 for Equestrian Studies! I've looked into the Rocky Mountain School of Photography and may go next year, but for now I'm just enjoying life. :) Billings is a great town and RMC is a GREAT school! What is she going into?

Thanks killbill! Congrats on your first dslr as well! I haven't been this excited about something in.. a long time! lol hope your enjoying yours and i look forward to seeing yours too!

No, I'm not going to school any more but I actually went to Rocky Mtn in 2006-2008 for Equestrian Studies! I've looked into the Rocky Mountain School of Photography and may go next year, but for now I'm just enjoying life. :) Billings is a great town and RMC is a GREAT school! What is she going into?

Lo is very bored of undergrad, and doesn't much care for Rocky. But I think that has more to do with senioritus than the school. She seems to have a selective memory of herself when she was eighteen or nineteen.

At any rate, she's studying sociology for prelaw. We plan to move to Seattle in a few years.

If I were you, I'd be very careful with these specialty photography schools. Aside from a very few, many are pretty scammy. Northwest College in Powell, WY has a solid commercial photography program. The faculty can be a bit unbearable sometimes, but they produce good photographers with business sense.

I too am in Missoula and am new to the forum. Happy shooting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back