Hello from NJ

PenguinPhotoWrx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

New to the forum but not photography. I did some freelance work back in the early 1990's then put the cameras away for a few years.

Getting back into it with an entry level Nikon D5000 and a couple of lenses. I'm tired of point & shoot and not knowing my camera settings!

The D5000 is like waking up after being asleep for 100 years... this thing is way more powerful then even the most expensive pro cameras of 20 years ago, IMO. Although, I do have to admit I'm gonna miss my Kodachrome 25! :hugs: (However, I will NOT miss stamping slide frames with copyright and ID stamps and cataloging without a computer!)

I doubt I'll get back into this as a business, but you never know.

Hi there PPW, and welcome
(Is there a story behind your screen name?)

Not much of a story- in High School we had this thing about penguins- came from an old Monty Python skit. So I started collecting them, just for fun.

When I started out as a freelance photographer, I needed a business name- I had a thought of all these little penguins taking pictures and working in a dark room pumping out all these prints. So I called the business Penguin Photo Works!

Silly, maybe, but the name stuck- I kind of like the image of all those little penguins waddling around with cameras. Penguins doing just about anything makes me laugh.

I kind of like the image of all those little penguins waddling around with cameras. Penguins doing just about anything makes me laugh.
I like the story! Thanks for sharing it. [FONT=&quot]
rk01_pinguino.gif
[/FONT]

(I posted him for Cinco de Mayo, and have been too lazy to change it since then! Just having a loooooong siesta, I guess)

Most reactions

Back