Hello from North Carolina

cleglue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings and Merry Christmas from North Carolina.

My wife and I are looking to purchase a DSLR camera and begin taking pictures of our children and our honey bees which is a new hobby beginning this past August.

We aren't sure when we are going to take the leap and purchase a camera but we are trying to educate ourselves on photography.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people here and numerous online resources for beginners. When you get to the point where you have a couple of "finalists" in your camera selection, go to a store and handle each one - make sure whatever you get will be comfortable to hold and use.

Welcome to TPF from another Tar Heel.

You're on the right path to educate yourselves first. Keep in mind that you will be investing into a system, not just a camera. There is not a wide gap in performance between Nikon, Canon and some of the others. Take your short list to a local camera shop and give them a road test to see how each feels in your hands and pay attention to the menu navigation. Alternatively, you could rent for a week before purchasing (LensRentals.com). That way you'll know if it eats crackers in bed. Good luck.

Welcome, cleglue! We're happy to have you on board. You are wise to investigate as much as possible before you make a camera decision. You've come to the right place! :) I hope you make a decision soon, because I personally can't wait to see your photos of your honeybees. Where are you in N.C.?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the site from North Carolina! :D

Welcome aboard. you'll love this site

Most reactions

Back