Hello from Northern California!

meggs23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good Evening!

I am Meggin. I am the very excited new owner of a Canon T3! It is my first SLR and I have been wanting one for a VERY long time. I have always owned Canons (I even own an old 35mm from the 80s) - so it's what I felt comfortable going with.

I am very much a beginner to this camera, and really have no idea what I am doing - although after playing with it the past few days I feel that I am starting to pick up on some things. I had the opportunity to spend the day in Old Sacramento the day after I bought it, so I got to play with it. I felt like I taking pictures of non-sense, but also had a "vision" of what I was shooting.

I am a litter eager to get another lens. I've done a little research and it seems that the
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II is a good beginners one to go with. Any thoughts? I don't want to go out and get a super spendy lens just yet (I argued with myself for 45 minutes at Best Buy when I bought the camera).

I look forward to getting tips, ideas from you guys!

:)

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Northern Californian!

The 50mm is a great lens for portraits; is that what you plan on doing, mostly?

Welcome aboard.

While the 50mm F1.8 (nifty fifty) is a decent lens for the money (it's only around $100), it's still a very cheap lens. A better investment might be the 50mm F1.4, which is a much better quality lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back