Hello from NYC

garynyc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all;

Traveling audio tech Gary at your service. I travel quite a bit for my audio freelancing work and I've been pushing myself lately to get into photography on a more serious level. I live close to B&H Photo in Manhattan so thats been my big problem! Just picked up a 5D and got a presence at exposure manager. So, with that, I throw my hat into the ring and insist that there is true beauty out there to be captured. Pleasure to be in the Forum.

G

garynyc.exposuremanager.com

Welcome aboard Gary!

IÂ’ve checked out the photos youÂ’ve posted on the websiteÂ… Nice work! Well done!

What sort of audio work do you do? Do you design home systems? Please, please, please say yes.

I dig my current Harmon-Kardon amp with Infiniti TSS-750 speakers for movies, but the system lacks low-end punch for the high volume hard rock that I enjoyÂ… IÂ’ve already blown a center channel speaker while trying to rattle the neighborÂ’s windows.

Time to upgrade my speakers, but IÂ’m unsure of where to turn.

Any thoughts?

Thank you Depth. I think I saw your Dragonfly...AMAZING!

No--I dont configure home systems, only convention-floor high output stuff.

Sounds like your lil' Infinity setup cant handle the truth...but most center channel speakers are not up to snuff.

Why play your rock through 5.1 anyway...

2 speakers + cotton balls for the dog

G

Hey Gary, welcome to TPF.

Welcome Gary,
I enjoyed the photos you posted, thanks for sharing!! They are great!

Welcome to the Forum.

I'm at the far end of S.I.. A trip to mid-town takes me a while. That helps to keep me solvent!

Jennie, Torus, Mitinka--THANKS for the warm welcome. Alone out there, behind the lens is a curious place. Some people smile, others scowl at what we are doing with that long lens. But only we know what we are trying to achieve behind that tiny viewfinder. I hope we can find what we're looking for!

Ya I know

Been going there since 93

luckily I have a tax free certificate on file!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back