Hello from Ohio

Kovy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just doing a cut-n-paste from my intro at another forum~ excuse the laziness but it's been a busy day.

Hello, new to the forum and recently returning to photography. I started back up in April and it quickly became a passion. My camera goes with me everywhere, I spend Saturday and Sunday taking pictures and leave the house before sunrise.

I use a Canon Rebel xs, the kit lens 18-55mm, tamron 75-300 and my primary/favorite Canon 50mm 1.8 which is attached to the camera 98% of the time. I learned recently how valuable that lens is, but more about that in another post.

Where I am at now: I want to get another camera, but at my level don't see the need to go to a professional level when I will not get my money out of it (I have a friend with a $3,000 camera and it did nothing for his ability to see a picture).

At the moment my belief is the lens (versatility) and tripod (sturdiness) have as much or more value as the camera. I am considering getting a Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP A/M 1:1 Macro Lens and maybe a Canon T2i or T3i rather than spend money on higher end camera.

Okay, topic not meant for this section, but guide me to the best section and I will start up a more detailed discussion there.

Looking forward to some thoughts on equipment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back