Hello from Ohio!

Soraiden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all! :) I've been enjoying lurking for quite some time, but I thought it's my time to contribute a little! I live in Columbus, Ohio, but grew up along Lake Erie, somewhat near Cleveland.

I enjoy so many forms of art... it's often difficult to decide which I am most passionate for!! :) Drawing, painting, crafts (that darn little old lady in me ;) ), murals, tattoo design, photography...

Casual photography has always been a great past time, but when I borrowed my parents Canon Rebel last month...I fear I have formed an obsession! Eek! Unfortunately, they reclaimed their camera after my holding it hostage for a month, so now it must be replaced, and SOON :D Fun month, none the less... tried taking some "senior photos" for my boyfriend's little sister. Also ventured into the crazyness of PS CS2. I'll find a place to post them around here some where...I could use all the help I can get!

Hertz van Rental said:
'Casual Photography'... interesting turn of phrase.
Welcome to TPF

Heh..yea, very loosely used, too! By casual, I meant..taking photos of everything when I was little. I used to steal my parent's & grandparents cameras...just to take photos of anything in my path. I have a cedar chest just packed with photos from when I was little...they are always amusing to look back on & try to decipher what on earth I was trying to take pictures of. :lol:

I only have a Canon PowerShot A75... so the borrowed camera has ruined it for me.

Thanks for the welcome :D

Welcome to TPF.

Welcome! I live near Cleveland, and I'm at Mentor Headland's beach on a regular basis. Check out my website for some shots of Lake Erie to bring back memories :)

Digital Matt said:
Welcome! I live near Cleveland, and I'm at Mentor Headland's beach on a regular basis. Check out my website for some shots of Lake Erie to bring back memories :)

Hi there! Actually I knew that.. I read one your posts somewhere along the way & was happy to see an Ohian :D

I from Ashtabula originally...but my parents live in Avon Lake now. I'll definitely check out your site!

Force of Nature said:
Yeh his photography isnt that special, in fact its pretty shoddy, shouldnt bother with those! :lmao: :hugs:

Anyway, welcome to TPF. Look forward to seeing your new work.

What camera are you interested in purchasing?

LOL, how nice!

Thanks for the welcomes... :) I'd like to get the EOS-1D Mark II N. LOL... ok..um...seriously...the Rebel XT. I believe I might be getting it as an early birthday/Christmas gift. The chances are definitely looking better :D

mygrain said:
Welcome to the nuthouse!

LOL, I am learning that....very quickly :) Oh well, I will feel right at home. Tee hee ;)

Welcome to tpf!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back