Hello from Ohio!

Devinhullphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been into photography since middle school and originally planned to goto school to peruse a career in it but ended up becoming a graphic designer instead. Last year I got a Nikon D5100 as a gift from my wife to help ease me back into photography. I am in love with it all over again and want to keep leaning and progressing as a photographer.

I hope to use this website for advice and conversation about my photography and others.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have ya with us!

How about you guys share how you got into photography. I'll start.

My uncle Mike is a photographer but I never really had the chance to get to know him. One day my other uncle bailed on me and a camping trip and so I hung out with my Uncle Mike and he showed me his camera (I believe it was some Minolta film slr). Throughout the day he told me all the basics and I quickly picked up on it. A few months later a friend gave me his dads old Nikon EM slr and I used that throughout high school photographing my skateboarder friends. Once that camera died I went a while without any photography and once in college I was too distracted with school to try and get back into it. Then I found out one of my classmates was a photographer and he made me remember how much I used to love it. Fast forward to last year and I finally have am back with the hobby. My Uncle Mike is a fantastic photographer. He has since retired and now just does it for fun, but he always inspires me and helps me. I wish my friend Mark was still around to help me progress.

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back