Hello from Orange County, SoCal

Melicertes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone. I've been lurking around this forum for a few weeks now and love what I see. I became interested in the subject of photography in my late teens (around 17) when I figured out that it is just a great way of having a common topic of interest with my dad. I took a trip to Europe at the time as an exchange student and my dad told me to buy "him" (but really me) a camera over there and use it on my trip. His first advice to me was don't worry about the technicalities about taking photos, just turn the dial on Auto and go have fun. When I came back and we developed and printed the 400 odd photos I found that I had a lot to learn and although I still treasure those blurry, out of focus, under and overexposed photos today I set my mind to it then that I'd learn how to make my holiday pictures something worth while to look at. I've been dabbling in photography ever since over the past 14 or so years. Last year, over Christmas, I decided to really take my photography to the next level and stop being just a dabbler and get a little more serious about the game so I bought a new DSLR and the basic kit that goes with it and started playing around.

I view myself as a student all over again and decided to go back to basics again. I'm looking forward to learning more from everyone here and to get some constructive feedback on my photos.

A big friendly "Hiya" to you all! :smileys:

Hiya and welcome back at 'cha from Indiana. Glab you decided to join the jolly band of misfits here on the forum. Don't be shy or a stranger. I hope to see you in here often.

"Hiya" back to ya! Welcome aboard.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all as we go along.

Welcome Welcome!!!
There is a ton of helpful information on this site that has already been posted so if you have a basic question chances are it has been covered in length before. I tend to use the search function on here more than anything and only post questions that aren't really covered in what I find.
Again welcome and remember that practice makes perfect (I need to remind myself this at times) ; )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back