Hello from Ottawa..

AlexPhoto1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello ! I am Alex I am 14 years old and I live in the Capital Region of Canada ! Where the winters are brutal and the summers are equivalent to winters in most of the USA lol..

Anyhow ! I have an old Pentax k1000 35mm that I use.

I am choosing to switch to Digital because I have a love for photgraphy and it will help me to have a Digital Single Lens Reflex camera.. Also I have a project that school that is going to be on 2 years and I need the dSLR for that.. (Bear in mind that I will make a magazine about our school sport teams..)

I just have a question will 6.1 MP Be enough for my needs? I am thinking of getting the Pentax k100d..

I am staying with Pentax because I have 4 lenses and I want to stick with them for now.. But is there an adapter of somekind that I could use to use these lenses on Canon or Nixon?
They are Bayonet lenses..

Thanks!

Alex

Hi Alex, and welcome to TPF!

I'm not qualified to answer your question about using Pentax lenses on Canon or Nikon...you might want to post that question in one of the other subforums, where more people will see it (Maybe "Digital Discussion Q&A" or "Photography Equipment & Products: News & Reviews")

Thanks Anta. It looks like I am going to get a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT from Ebay.. it is priced at 236$ Which sounds like a good deal to me. It comes with a lens so I can start there.. I will most probably head to a photography store this weekend to ask about such adapters !

Alex

Welcome to the forum.

MegaPixels don't equate to quality. There are several 6MP DSLR cameras that can give you great quality. No problem there.
However, if you plan on making huge prints, more megapixels would be beneficial.

As for the lenses...Yes, I believe there may be adapters that would allow you to mount your Pentax lenses onto a Canon or Nikon body...but they would need to be used and adjusted manually. IMO, it's not a good direction to go.
If you have the Pentax lenses, I'd suggest getting a compatible Pentax camera.

Thanks Mike.. I might just start off with Canon and buy lenses from them.. Pass down my lenses to my brother who wants to start photography. It's better off for him to start with Film anyhow :p

Alex

That's fair...and probably a good decision in the long run.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back