Hello from Phoenix!

pilotkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm somewhat new to photography. I've taken beginning, advanced and commercial photography classes at my highschool but I still consider myself a beginner, with LOTS to learn. I just bought my first DSLR and i'm really excited about that, although I wish I got it earlier during the summer cause I'm finding out college is taking up alot of my free time. Anyways, I bought a Nikon D40x with a 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lenses. I'm thinking I'm going to get the 70-300mm lenses later this week? I just started college and am trying to get used to that! I have my pilots license and want to continue with that and make that a career. Lets see what else, I live in Arizona, its always hot here:grumpy:. I think thats about it. HELLO TO EVERYONE!!!
-Pilotkid

Welcome Pilotkid. I'm new here too. How far along are you in your training? I have my PPL and am working on Instrument now. With the exception of the heat, Arizona is a great place to learn.

Welcome Pilotkid. I'm new here too. How far along are you in your training? I have my PPL and am working on Instrument now. With the exception of the heat, Arizona is a great place to learn.
Hey hows it going? I have my Private now, i've had it about a year and a half now. I have planed to start my instrument, commercial and CFI training to start in September, so we'll see how that goes. Now I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to have the time to do it with college, homework and work,haha. How is your instrument going so far? What time of plane are you doing your instrument in? Its always nice to talk with a fellow pilot, hope to hear from you soon.

Hey -- Another Arizonan!! I'm fairly new here, as well...so jump right in and participate!

Hey hows it going? I have my Private now, i've had it about a year and a half now. I have planed to start my instrument, commercial and CFI training to start in September, so we'll see how that goes. Now I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to have the time to do it with college, homework and work,haha. How is your instrument going so far? What time of plane are you doing your instrument in? Its always nice to talk with a fellow pilot, hope to hear from you soon.

I'm training in an older model 172. Tried the SP after I got my license but I'm used to Carb Heat and all that good stuff, rather than Fuel Injection, so I stuck with it. I figure I'll get into more advanced planes once my Multi training kicks in. Instrument is fun, but challenging. I considered making a career out of it as well, but we'll have to see about that. Starting pay is so low, I'm not sure if I want to take that much of a pay cut. It is hard finding time to do the training. It's not a cheap hobby either. I'd love to take my new camera up with me and see if I can get some good shots, but I'll have to wait until the haze burns off.

I'm training in an older model 172. Tried the SP after I got my license but I'm used to Carb Heat and all that good stuff, rather than Fuel Injection, so I stuck with it. I figure I'll get into more advanced planes once my Multi training kicks in. Instrument is fun, but challenging. I considered making a career out of it as well, but we'll have to see about that. Starting pay is so low, I'm not sure if I want to take that much of a pay cut. It is hard finding time to do the training. It's not a cheap hobby either. I'd love to take my new camera up with me and see if I can get some good shots, but I'll have to wait until the haze burns off.
I also fly a 172, both older and the newer SP's. I like the SP's for the little extra horsepower(with the high DA's here every little bit helps) but I have to admit when transitioning to them I was HORRIBLE at getting them started. Ya, it is defiantly not a cheap hobby. I guess the one advantage that I have is being young(19) the regional airline pay isn't that much(if any) of a pay cut for me. However if I was older with a family and I that I can totally understand how that pay cut would be severe. We'll I wish you luck in the rest of your training. I'll be looking for some of your flying photos. Talk to yea later.

Hey, another Phoenician! Welcome aboard! I hail from Ahwatukee, although right now I'm in Jackson Hole, WY for a cool off. Due back to the heat by monday.

Most reactions

Back