Hello from South Carolina

2009flhtc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just found this site today and registered. I'm 54, widowed, remarried 2 years ago to the first girl I ever kissed. I've got a 15 year old son and a 21 year old step son. I grew up watching my dad take picture in the '60s and '70s. Bought a Canon EOS 650 years ago. Moved up to a EOS 630 and an Elan. Bought a Rebel 300D in 2003 that I still use along with a G-10. I've gotten re-interested in photography again after I remarried and my wife has too. I'm about to upgrade the Rebel and lenses to something more current. Not sure if I'll stick with Canon or go to Nikon yet. I primarily shoot nature and landscape stuff along with the required family and Christmas photos. I look forward to participating in the discussion. Mark

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'll be in SC this week on a bizness trip.

Welcome, from a fellow southerner, and a fellow 50+'er...

A semi-humorous, or perhaps just pitiful, comment about your post-- When I first read it, the way I read your fifth sentence made me think you were saying you had a Canon EOS which you'd bought 650 years ago...lol. It's been a loooong day and I think that is a clear indication that I should give it up and go home.

Welcome aboard.

I also used to shoot with a Canon EOS 650....it felt like such a tank.

Nikon does have some great cameras these days, but Canon's not far behind...I'd think that after all those years with Canon's, you'd feel most comfortable with a newer Canon, rather than a Nikon. Did you know that the Nikon exposure meter is backwards? :lol: All kidding aside, it would make sense to choose a camera that would allow you to use your current lenses, but it's completely up to you, of course.

Most reactions

Back