Hello from St. Louis

JKPGT96

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello.

Name is John, I am a Mechanical Engineer here in St. Louis. I am car guy..I love working on them, driving them, etc.. That said, I have always been interested in photography and envious when I see what can be done with a camera...which led me here.

I just picked up a Nikon D3100, with the standard 18-55 lens and a couple other small odds and ends. I do intend on picking up some other things for it, and lenses, but I will probably wait a little bit, and learn the camera first..what good are more lenses and such if I can't use them correctly! I look forward to getting to use it, learning, and am excited to see what I can pick up from friends and this forum!

John

Thanks! I did some poking around yesterday, and am trying to soak up all that I can, lol. The beginner forum seems to be a good spot to start!

Im also in St. Louis, St Charles to be exact, also A ME, and some what a car guy, currently replacing the worn out number 3 bearing on the crankshaft in my POS PT Cruiser... I don't own nice cars but I enjoy good cars.

I'd say my favorite place to shoot at in St Louis is at the Zoo. The botanical gardens can be fun when all the plants are green. There are also Bald Eagles near Grafton Il, never been over there to take pictures, but it looks like they arrive late December and stay till March.

Welcome to the forum!

Nice! I am always out tinkering with the car, and now I have something I can use to take pictures of it! lol. I do a lot of cruising and such with friends, and I am excited for it to warm up again and get out and practice!

I have been over to see the eagles and such but have not (obviously) gotten to photograph them..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back