Hello from Sunny Arizona

campp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings!

I lurked here some time ago, but for some reason never joined up. I'm in the Phoenix area, and have spent most of my life in Arizona, a very photogenic place.

This year I am really trying to step up my photography. I've been using a Canon IS3 for the last 15k photos/5 years, and am now eager to upgrade to a DSLR.

I will need to do a lot of reading in chosing a new camera.

Also lots of reading to do to help me expand my (meager) skills. Interested in expanding into macro work, as well as effective portraits.

I am a fan of trains (and all things trains), and also do a lot of nature shots as well as interest in "decaying" subjects: Rusty machinery, old signs, dead buildings, obsolete things, etc.

I don't have an online photo gallery other than my train blog. I'll see about getting one set up so that I can share.

Thanks for having me!

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to TPF, campp! Arizona is a gorgeous state, so I am looking forward to seeing your work. :) Enjoy!

I'm from Chicago, but my fiance and I are plotting to move to the Phoenix area (We really like Surprise) in November. Can't take the cold anymore, lol

Welcome to the site.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. This board sure does show a lot of support to everyone!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back