Hello from Surrey, BC

RootBeerTuna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I'm from Surrey, BC Canada. I'm 31, on a permanent medical disability, and have been taking photographs for close to 20 years, though I was on a bit of a hiatus between 2001/2002 till about 2006, but only started shooting with a DSLR in July of 2012. I'm currently using a Canon Rebel T3/1100d with the 18-55mm kit lens, a 50mm f1.8, and the 75-300mm el cheapo telephoto lens, all canon lenses. I also have a Canon 320ex II flash, a Manfrotto 190XB tripod with an awesome head whose name I can't thing of right now. Polaroid auto-extension tubes, Polaroid ring light(I really enjoy shooting Macro, though I haven't gotten to use the ring light at all yet), a couple of fairly crappy filters, and a Lowepro Fastpack 200(I think that's the name of it anyway, can't remember at the moment). Oh, and a Polaroid remote timer release which is my absolute favorite piece of non-camera equipment! Wait, I'm wrong, it's my second favorite now that I upgraded my tripod from a POS Proline tripod.

Anyway, I mainly shoot landscape/nature and non-people stuff. I'm far too shy and timid to shoot portraits or street photography, though one day I hope to be able to do something like that. I have done 2 weddings, both for family members, but neither with a DSLR, and the first one was with 2 film cameras. Supposedly I did a good job, but who knows for sure? Not me! I've shot a few portraits for family members as well, but as I said, I mainly shoot nature. My current "project" is the 9 O'Clock gun in Stanley Park in Vancouver BC, 9 O'Clock Gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <-- Link to info about the gun. https://www.facebook.com/jeremyobergphotography <--- link to my photography page on Facebook. I'm also selling some of my work on the Fine Art America website, or at least trying to.

Well, that's about it. If anyone in my area reads this and wants to go out shooting sometime, feel free to PM me. I'm always looking for someone to go out shooting with and learn from.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back