Hello from SW Louisiana!

michelekraus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First off, I am NOT the photographer! :)

My daughter has dabbled in photography for the past few years, since she was twelve, and her dad took her to Washington DC in time to catch the Cherry Blossom Festival. She took my 35mm camera, and when we developed the pictures, we saw some really good ones! She's gone through a few, and is now on a Nikon D5000 SLR that her very generous and supportive grandmother gave her. We are trying to support her interests as best we can, and it has come to where she thinks she wants to pursue photography as a career.

She has been blessed to have met some wonderful photographers, to be mentored locally by a professional photographer, and to have a natural eye for composition. Just this summer, she's actually started getting in to the technical aspects of her camera and lighting, taking classes and starting to really pick the minds of those who have many more years experience. Photography has helped her get through some really rough times.

I have to agree with an introduction post that I read earlier: How can two people be in the same spot at the same time and take pictures of the same subject, and they both look SO DIFFERENT in quality? That's me. She and I will go out together, and mine look like grade school poloroids, while hers capture so much more.

Anyway, I am here to get some advice on what we can do for her to give her some firm foundation, and hopefully get her joined up here, too.

~Michele

Most reactions

New Topics

Back