hello from texas

.::Gordon::.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone. Maybe I should have posted here before posting my first picture thread eh? :p Anyhow, I hope I can bring some smiles and a glimpse of my world with my friend, the Canon 20D. I'm also planning to learn as much as can from this forum, so that I can better enrich my picture taking skills. :D

-Gordon

Woo hoo.... I'm the first Texan to get here. There are a lot of us on this board. Welcome to the forums, Gordon! You will learn all kinds of things here, even somethings about photography!

Actually I love this place and I look forward to seeing your shots. Especially since we are in the same city. :D

nope, i live on the east end of town near northshore. i commute to campus. you live on campus?

To quote TPF Rule 15 Para. IV SS2 'Any Texan joining the Board who fails to make their first post in the Welcomes and Introductions section, but instead makes their first post in the Picture Gallery will be deemed in breach of this Rule and as punishment will have to buy all Moderators a drink.'
Welcome to TPF - and mines a pint of Absinthe :lol:

Aahhh, we likes the green fairy, does we? :wink: I think I broke the rule when I joined. :guilty: I don't know if I can get you the REAL stuff, though, seeing as it is illegal over here. Would you settle for some green Koolaid with vodka? :lmao:

And Gordon, yes, I live in the Quads. They're not the most luxurious dorms in the world, but they beat the pants off of the Towers!

welcome on the board! And don't pay much attention to Hertz's comments :) ...
*walks silently from the thread***

:p

spiralout said:
Aahhh, we likes the green fairy, does we? :wink: I think I broke the rule when I joined. :guilty: I don't know if I can get you the REAL stuff, though, seeing as it is illegal over here. Would you settle for some green Koolaid with vodka? :lmao:
You can't get the real stuff anywhere anymore. There was an ingredient that actually made you go blind*.
But I'm in Europe so I can get some pretty good versions. Just send money and I'll do the rest :mrgreen:

*I think it was peroxide, which would explain the old saying 'Absinthe makes the tart grow blonder'. :lol:

Hertz van Rental said:
*I think it was peroxide, which would explain the old saying 'Absinthe makes the tart grow blonder'. :lol:

Groan. GROAN. We need a groan smilie!
Let's see:

We have...

errr.... :er:
shock...:shock:
irked... .although I thought it was funny so I'm not really irked :irked:
rolling eyes... although I think this one is a little rude... I did think it was funny....:roll:
Well... not this funny. :biglaugh:

Hey Gordon, has anyone talked to you about hijacking? It is an art form around here and I am but a novice.

Aoide said:
Hey Gordon, has anyone talked to you about hijacking? It is an art form around here and I am but a novice.
Don't believe the 'novice' bit. Aoide taught me everything I know about spamming and hi-jacking :mrgreen:

...and how to pass the blame.

Aoide's comments precipitated one of the Photo Gallery's worst hijackings (and it happened to be my thread!). She's a pro, so watch out!

Hertz van Rental said:
Just send money and I'll do the rest :mrgreen:
No problem, Hertz. Would you rather I sent it to you in Mongolian Togrog or Turkish Lira? :lmao:

spiralout said:
No problem, Hertz. Would you rather I sent it to you in Mongolian Togrog or Turkish Lira? :lmao:
I'm easy. My Swiss bank account will accept anything, even Baht or Dong.
Not sure about camels and chickens though...

Hertz van Rental said:
I'm easy. My Swiss bank account will accept anything, even Baht or Dong.
Not sure about camels and chickens though...

Perfect! I have a few Canadian dollars lying around. I might throw it in there seeing as they aren't worth much of anything. :lol:

Most reactions

Back