Hello from Texas

Dxer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings everyone.

When I was a kid, my Dad got me interested in photography. We did a lot of black/white imaging and he taught me how to develop and print photos. So I guess that is how I got started. Unfortunately as I was growing up, I didn't think much about the hobby as I had other interests.

A few years ago I wanted to get back into the hobby. I bought a Nikon D3100 and a D7000 with a variety of low cost lenses. My favorite subjects are birds.

Then I got into astrophotgraphy in 2016. So I bought a few telescopes and used my D7000 as my imaging camera. I would take long exposure photographs of galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters. I found that to be most rewarding. A rather time consuming hobby as I might spend hours on a single celestial body.

Now I want to get back into regular photography again. I recently bought a secondhand D7200 and a couple more lenses. I still like to shoot birds. I hope to gain a bit more knowledge with the hobby and improve my skills. And believe me, I need improving! :)

Hello and welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here as all members are a friendly set of folk.

Hello and welcome.........................

Welcome to TPF! I hope you post some of your celestial work as well as your newer stuff. Check out our Photo Galleries and share your photos - have fun!

Most reactions

Back