Hello From The Gateway To Mt.Hood. (Sandy,Oregon)

southernlady97266

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I joined this Forum a while back but am just now getting a chance to really get in here and post, darn life seems to have gotten in the way.
I am strictly a hobbiest photographer, it is my Physical & Mental Therapy, physically it keep me mobile and makes me push myself to reach that days goals.
I battle Rheumatoid Arthritis and chronic pain daily, but spring and summer months are my feel great time, gee I almost feel normal time.

I love landscape photography, love hiking along our many rivers, trails and scoping out old barns and farms.

I do have a blog, feel free to follow me over on Wordpress, the link is in my profile. it's called RAW Photography Adventures, the RAW stands for Rheumatoid Arthritis Warrior.

I cant wait to see all the wonderful photos ya'll share and to also share some of mine as well as get tips and tricks to improve my skills.

Welcome (back)! I used to fish the Sandy a little bit when I lived in Gateway off the 205. You have some unbelievable scenery around you to capture. Can't wait to see some of your pics of that area!

Welcome (back)! I used to fish the Sandy a little bit when I lived in Gateway off the 205. You have some unbelievable scenery around you to capture. Can't wait to see some of your pics of that area!

Yes I know, I'm starting to get out and about now that we have some better weather.
How long since you been out of the Country? Do you plan on coming back?
The gateway area has really gone to crap in the last few years, My husband grew up on Parkrose and we lived in Gateway for 3 yrs before finally getting the heck put of there in 2011.

Been in Japan almost a year now. Have another 2+ to go unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, I love Japan, but I'd rather have my kids be by their grandparents.

Gateway was rough when we lived there 10 years ago! Can't imagine what it's like now. If we go back to the Portland area, I think we'd look to maybe Sandy, deeper in the gorge, or maybe even the Washington side (Washugal, Battleground, etc).

Been in Japan almost a year now. Have another 2+ to go unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, I love Japan, but I'd rather have my kids be by their grandparents.

Gateway was rough when we lived there 10 years ago! Can't imagine what it's like now. If we go back to the Portland area, I think we'd look to maybe Sandy, deeper in the gorge, or maybe even the Washington side (Washugal, Battleground, etc).
It's worst now, Druggies and the homless have pretty much taken over that area, we lived there from 09 til 2011, we are in Sandy now and its nice, we love it here, but are going to be moving soon to around Tigard, Tualatin, Sherwood or Wilsonville. Hubby works in Tualatin almost to Sherwood so the closer to his job, the better.

Those are great areas! Love Sherwood. Have some family there still. Has the traffic there continued to just get worse and worse with no real answer from the state?

Most reactions

Back