Hello from the PNW

Vic Owen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thought I'd christen my Noob rating & introduce myself.

I've been dabbling in mostly landscape photography since the 70s. My arsenal has been primarily Nikon -- 60s vintage Nikkormat and "F", FE, FA & a D-70. I've also done some MF work with my Mamiya-6.

I just made the leap into a Canon EOS 5DII. So far, I have the EF 50mm 1.4, and I plan to try-out some of my Nikon glass on the camera; I'm especially interested to see how my Nikkor 105mm 2.8 Micro performs -- it was great on the various Nikons. I've ordered an adapter.

So, greetings from the sometimes soggy Northwest; I'll be lurking around and soaking-up knowledge, and to find out what goodies I just can't live without!

-vic

Welcome to the forum. I am interested in knowing how that adapter works of for you. I too have primarily Nikon equipment and wondered if I ever wanted to try my luck with Canon what my options were. I'll being looking for your post sometime in the near future. Be sure to mention any likes or dislikes with the final images produced....

-Ron

Ron -

I'll post after I get the Fotodiox adapter -- it's scheduled for Saturday.

I plan to slowly integrate into some additional Canon lenses (and sell some Nikon glass) but I'm pretty fond of the Nikkor 105mm Micro, and I've heard that it should produce good results on the 5D.

Excellent, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that.

Most reactions

Back