HELLO FROM THE PNW

Anonymous1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I just joined the forum and I already have a great feeling about it.

While searching for "grip tape" I found where this had been discussed here so I poked around a while and liked what I saw.

Due to a pop-up blocker error, I couldn't join and got a quick reply from staff, which gives a great first impression. :thumbup:

Also, the more I peruse the forums and see the quality of answers folks are willing to give here, the more I know this is a place to call home.

Last Nov I bought the PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ150K and PANASONIC HDC-TM90K during Black Friday, along with some tripods, spare batteries, lenses, step up rings, camera bags etc.

I don't know how to use these yet, and I'm still reading a lot of articles and trying to wrap my head around manual use and ISO, Aperture, F-stops and so on.

Doing some reading and research I was able to build a pretty extensive set of bookmarks and ebooks, software and I'm ready to start wading the waters to get some experience.

Up till now I've only been at the dpreview.com Panasonic forums and they are also a really nice lot.

Cheers

Hello, I just joined the forum and I already have a great feeling about it.

While searching for "grip tape" I found where this had been discussed here so I poked around a while and liked what I saw.

Due to a pop-up blocker error, I couldn't join and got a quick reply from staff, which gives a great first impression. :thumbup:

Also, the more I peruse the forums and see the quality of answers folks are willing to give here, the more I know this is a place to call home.

Last Nov I bought the PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ150K and PANASONIC HDC-TM90K during Black Friday, along with some tripods, spare batteries, lenses, step up rings, camera bags etc.

I don't know how to use these yet, and I'm still reading a lot of articles and trying to wrap my head around manual use and ISO, Aperture, F-stops and so on.

Doing some reading and research I was able to build a pretty extensive set of bookmarks and ebooks, software and I'm ready to start wading the waters to get some experience.

Up till now I've only been at the dpreview.com Panasonic forums and they are also a really nice lot.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum, Anonymous1. I am glad you were able to join... But admittedly I am a bit confused.

Why did you buy lenses for if your camera doesn't have interchangable lenses?

Thx for the welcome!

Nice catch.

The FZ150 has a 52mm thread and you can also purchase an adapter (which I did) that distributes the weight to the camera body and let's the lens (barrel) move freely through it. The additional lenses I bought are also 52mm and small so I wasn't concerned about the load bearing having them screwed directly on to the barrel. Sure they weigh more than a filter, but I'm not talking anything humongous, just small.

The HDC-TM90K also has a funky sized 41.5mm thread and I'm considering a step up ring for that too in order to use filters. There's no adapter for it, but it does have a hefty 3D lens you can buy that screws directly in to that thread, so I'm pretty sure I can also use a fish eye or wide angle etc that is around the same weight.

Thx for the welcome!

Nice catch.

The FZ150 has a 52mm thread and you can also purchase an adapter (which I did) that distributes the weight to the camera body and let's the lens (barrel) move freely through it. The additional lenses I bought are also 52mm and small so I wasn't concerned about the load bearing having them screwed directly on to the barrel. Sure they weigh more than a filter, but I'm not talking anything humongous, just small.

The HDC-TM90K also has a funky sized 41.5mm thread and I'm considering a step up ring for that too in order to use filters. There's no adapter for it, but it does have a hefty 3D lens you can buy that screws directly in to that thread, so I'm pretty sure I can also use a fish eye or wide angle etc that is around the same weight.

Oh, I see. They're screw on lenses. I follow you now. Forgive me, when I see the word "lens" I expect it to have a focal length and f/number (as well as a mount). :p

My bad!

Oh, I see. They're screw on lenses. I follow you now. Forgive me, when I see the word "lens" I expect it to have a focal length and f/number (as well as a mount). :p

My bad!

NP, I have very humble beginnings.

What you call a lens, I would probably call a telescope. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back