Hello from Washington State!

MrSeanis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! my name is Sean

I just started doing Black and White film photography with a Olympus om-1 that I got cheap and thus far, I am really enjoying it! I already have a Canon 20d digital but something about black and white film is just very attractive...:drool:

My equipment so far that I have obtained cheaply online, are a couple zuikos such as the 50mm f1.8, 28mm f2.8, 135mm f3.5 and a 50mm f1.4. a shutter release cable and some color filters. I really like these old manual lenses and any suggestions to add to this set up would be great :thumbup:

Unfortunately, my om-1 light meter does not work, so I have to use a hand held light meter which makes it a little more challenging yet still fun. My goal is to travel to many old towns through out Washington state with the purpose of photographing historical structures and to be a tourist with a mission.

I will try and post some black and white photos that I have taken recently so I hope you guys can critique it.

Nice to meet you all!

-Sean

I love the B&W world as well Sean. Not sure why. But I think there are just certain things about it that perhaps are mysterious. Maybe it's the lack of colour that makes our minds fill it in? Look forward to some of the B&W's.
I'm new here too. So nice to meet you too!
-Animalhunter

Thanks Animalhunter! It is quite mysterious indeed. I just really like different tones that black and white provides compared to color. With color, it seem your attention goes more towards to the brightest colors where black and white the attention is the entire picture first. Here is a link of two photos I recently taken on a trip.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/black-white-gallery/244897-cleat-dinghy.html

let me know what you think :)

-Sean

I think they're both good photos.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Most reactions

New Topics

Back