Hello from West Lancashire.

TheSnapperRooster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi to you all out there. I have recently renewed my interest in my cameras - both 35mm film and digital.
I have recently realised after a lengthy period of not using my 35mm Yashica 230AF ( bought new in 1988) with 35-70 & 70-210 lenses; that a camera that uses of film of any kind is seen somewhat as archaic and buried in the past happenings of photographic interests/studies.
I am really "Old School" and believe rightly or wrongly that the secrets of good image creation is within an understanding of how light effects the emulsion and furthermore how aperture and shutter speeds can greatly affect the results.
Whilst there are undeniably benefits from the immediacy of digital and the resultant savings in not having to have film D&P'd with some of the inevitable "mistakes" glaring at you from the contact sheet or even the processed image,digital has a great-deal going for it.
Running a roll of 35mm film off of the camera and having it processed and put straight onto disc and then using the advantages of modern technology with the computer and a quality printer really does speak volumes.
I am currently trialling several absolutely mint pre-owned film cameras including Pentax MZ-7's,a Minolta Dynax 505si and more recently acquired - pair of Nikon F80's. One has the standard AF Nikkor 28-80 and the other is fitted with a Cosina 100-300 macro.
I have rather taken to the Nikon F80's albeit the range of menu and sub-menus is a little baffling to a shrinking brain.
Thank God for the simplicity of Auto Programme mode.

As and when - I will put some images onto the forum.

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back