Hello from Wisconsin!!

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi folks!

My name is Becky and I have liked photography for since I can remember! I decided a few years ago I want to pursue it more and try to put a portfolio together! I went from a $50 point and shoot to a $300 point and shoot. Still wasn't taking pics at the speed that I wanted! so I invested some $$ did a lot of research and chose the Canon Rebel t2i! I have to say I really think this is a good starter D-SLR! Its got sooo many diff. features!! I really like it! Eventually when I get better and more expereince I will purchase a better camera but til then! SNAP SNAP SNAP!!

I find myself having (What I would consider the newbie struggles) some areas I struggle in. I fight lighting! Outdoors I get shined out! Indoors, well I just bought a lighting kit so I can't say I fight that YET ROFL!!

I am not bad with comptuers but god I am stupid when it comes to Photoshop Cs5 and am just trying to learn Photoshop Lightroom 3. A friend who is a photographer told me to try lightroom3 first. Well let me tell you CS5 is HARD! I could use some advice on editing! If anyone has any good reads. I watch youtube videos but still don't get it ROFL!!

I joined this forum looking to talk to others who love photography as much if not more than I do!! I like constructive criticism but I dont like it when peiople bash you. I'm trying and hope I found a site that will be nice :) :)

I also tried to upload some pictures for some C/C and I wasn't able to. I get a red circle with an exclimation point in it? Can some one guide me on how to upload?? I'd love for people who are more advanced then me (which is probably most!! ROFL!!!) to guide me and help!!

I have a philosphy in life Do unto others as you want others to do unto you!

Well Thanks for listening to my babble!!! Nice to join you folks!
Becky

Ok as far as uploading photos try this:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html

It is a bit outdated so read through the whole thing, even the last few pages. I am thinking about redoing it to be up to date but I have not gotten around to it.

As far as photoshop, I definitely recommend going to the library and picking up a few books. Try to get ones with work CD's or links in the book to download the files to work with. Or you can try your local used book store or big box retail store. I don't usually recommend buying books online until you have at least either had the book in hand to look it over or have had several people recommend it from personal experience.

As far as struggling with certain aspects, every beginner does that. You have come to a good place to start. Try reading this as well:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...rum-photo-gallery/123160-tutorial-thread.html

In there you will find a LOT of useful information. Also, while at your search for books on photoshop, look for two books by Bryan Peterson called "Understanding Exposure" and "Learning to see Creatively." Both of these are great beginner books. They are very well written and easy to understand for beginners.

As far as feedback being "nice" here. It is most of the time but, just as anywhere else in the world, there are the bad apples. Just ignore them completely. Now, some people may come off as bad apples, but still give VERY good advice. These are the people you need to put your feelings aside, and just listen to the advice side. They may say things like, "This photo is terrible. The focus is soft. Underexposed. No clear subject. You cut the guys hand off." Not nice but still "good" C&C. Of course it could have been said better. And sometimes that person will say it better. However, they, just like anyone else has good days and bad days. Forgive them their grumpyness and take the "advice" for what it is. Look for what they pointed out as wrong. Make it better.

Just because someone says, "Oh nice photo!" That is just not good C&C for the most part. These are usually the "nice" people that probably don't know a lot more than you and are just fluffing your ego like they want theirs fluffed. Sometimes, this will cause the oh so not nice people to come in and hammer your photos good just to prove a point...

So, to sum it up. Read the basics. Do some more research. Learn. Post. Thicken your skin. Learn more. Get better. Win!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back