Hello from Wisconsin :)

mom2three

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!

My name is Magen and I'm new to this site, and semi-new to photography. I have been taking pictures with my Olympus StylusTough point and shoot, and decided that I wanted to upgrade to a digital SLR. I purchased a used Nikon D40 kit with an 18-55mm lens and 55-200mm lens. I am SO excited to get it this week and start learning how to use it. Here's the thing... I know basically nothing about DLSR's. I know a little bit via an iPhone app, but not a ton. Are there any good books/websites or information that anyone can share with me to help out?

I live in Wisconsin, and like taking pictures of my 3 kids and nature. I can't wait to get some awesome snow pictures!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to "meeting" some of you soon!

Magen

Welcome! I was in your boat a few months ago! Reading through this site (old and new threads) has really helped me.

Understanding exposure by Bryan Peterson. Easy to read and understand. Will have you Understanding how to shoot in manual right off!

Www.cambridgeincolour.com <----- bunch of tutorials about digital photography. Might be a little dry but they helped me.

Good luck! If you have any questions feel free to send me a message and I'll help as much as I can!

I agree that you can learn a lot from MTVision. I have learned from her already on some things. Good Luck.

Welcome to the forum! The beer is in the fridge, and the nuts are all over the board.

Thanks Megan! Your name should be easy to remember ;) I am going to check out that site right now, and go to the library tomorrow and search for that book!

Photo Guy - Where in Western WI are you? I'm in the Milwaukee area! I'm jealous you get to be along the Mississippi River! I hear it's beautiful!

Bitter Jeweler - Thanks! I hope to learn a lot and make some friends!

Chippewa / Eau Claire County Area. It's kinda brown over here right now as the snow melted. :( Only takes me an hour to be to that river. Got some nice photos from there all along up and down over the years with sunsets and even bald eagles on ice catching fish.

That sounds awesome. We still have green grass here and it was 40* today. It was weird!

44 up here today with lots of wind and sun. can't wait for spring to get some flower photos and boats out on the water

Most reactions

New Topics

Back