Hello gents, and a question

Danallen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive been intrested in photography for a while now, and Ive finally decided to get myself a decent camera. I've been looking at the canon rebel xsi.

I found this website, and the prices seem really cheap. Am I missing something here?
DIGITAL SLR CAMERAS

thx
-Dan

Well I did a quick search of "soniccameras.com" on google and found hundreds of people that have been scammed by this company.

Welcome to TPF. Stay well away from Sonic Camera! A total scam.

hi enjoy your stay here cheers :)

Welcome to the forum.

Stick with the big reputable stores like B&H or Adorama...or just do your shopping locally.

Not being disrespectful or attempting to steer away business from Sonic Camera, but from my stand-point, stay away from this company. A majority of the products they offer are listed way cheaper that what you would pay for them, but in the same light most of the products are defective or refurbished. They're customer service department is horrible along with anything else associated with the company.
As some people have said on this forum, stick with the known companies or simply buy your products locally to avoid being scammed. It may cost you a little more but it will be more than worth it in the end when you really need your equipment.

Derek Simon
www.dereksimon.com

Ive been intrested in photography for a while now, and Ive finally decided to get myself a decent camera. I've been looking at the canon rebel xsi.

I found this website, and the prices seem really cheap. Am I missing something here?
DIGITAL SLR CAMERAS

thx
-Dan

Crud.... I clicked on a link that was flashed above, as I assumed that a retailer that is allowed to advertise on this forum would be a fairly reputable source for buying photography equipment. And THEN I saw the reviews. The price I found on the 50mm f/1.4 wasn't too far off from what I'd been charged on Amazon, so I thought I'd go with it. I even called to verify that they company had the item I was looking for in stock. I should have done my homework. Now I'm afraid I won't have my lens...ever!:confused:

Most reactions

Back