Hello I am Chris Juliano.

ChrisJuliano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I am a SLR virgin, purchased one today and from previous experience of hobbys, I knew I had to join a forum, which happens to be the best way to get educated.

So I picked this forum because it looked very active, helpful, and the people here seem mature and there are many new and experienced people.

A little info on myself, I been trying photography with p&s for close to a year, just on vacations and when we go places. But decided its extremely fun and I always love seeing what I can improve on. So decided today I would convince my parents to get me a d40. Ended up with a 4GB card and carrying case aswell.

I am 17 next month and have a job (first day is tomorrow :] pretty nervous), and so I will have some extra cash for accessories. I go to highschool and I am a junior. I sadly live in a crap town so I doubt my school has a photography course. I hope hope hope they do so I can have someone actually teach me in person.

I am not sure if I should add anything, but if you want to know anything just ask.

I am open to people aim'ing and msn'ing me, just be prepared for dumb questions (Aim- Pennythug13, Msn- [email protected]).

Thanks alot, I hope to make some friends and learn ALOT and eventually be able to help out people like myself.

Hi Chris, and welcome to TPF!

(And good luck on your first day at work tomorrow)

hello there chris. welcome to the forum for starter you could always refer to the internet there are some basic stuff/tutorial there. a little advice dont be scared of experimental shots...its kinda cool too.

Hi Chris, welcome aboard. Don't be afraid to experiment with photography, it's a great learning tool. If there is no photo course at the school you're going to, read as many books as you can, study even online. Ask away any questions here and you'll get plenty of help.

Glad to have you aboard.

Thanks for all the friendly welcomes.

I infact planned on looking today for lots of tutorials and info on the d40, but I have to do a few things so I will be busy all day, but tomorrow for sure I will be reading alot :]

Thanks, well, first day was crazy..5 untill closing (closing is the worst thing ever), and plus since im new I was not fast.

And, tomorrow I think before work I am going up to a nice place 2 hours away and hopefully pulling off good shots.

And I just got my permit today, so if I never post again I probably got into a fatal car accident on the way to get good photos :S

Hi Chris and welcome. I too am a newbee to the forum, but not to photography and dSLRs. If you're a visual learner (watch video tutorials) I would suggest you look at http://www.lynda.com They have over 30 video tutorials on Photography including several titles on Photoshop and Lightroom. Every course has several free segments so you can get a feel for it before you join.

Hey this isn't an ad, just my two cents. oh, BTW lynda.com is $30 a month, or less than the price of most books (if you buy a book a month, you could save money :) )

Thanks, I just bought a book on d40 (dummies book), and I am reading it.

I will read before work and hopefully learn new stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back