hello!!! im new here, check out some of my photos!

lukeybaby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just to introduce myself, names luke, im 17, and im from australia!!! i use a pentax SF7 and a digi olympus c-750UZ.

43149smallP1010022.JPG

43149smallP9070002.JPG

43149smallP90600041.JPG

43149smallP9260087.JPG

43149smallP8270026.JPG

all the above photographs were taken with my digi cam,
please tell me what you think!!??? whats hot and whats not? lol

luke z[/img]

Luke thanks for posting! Always good to have you aussies on board ;)

I loved the first photo, its my favorite of the lot. Love the detail of the water drops on the flower. I really dig it.

Hrrm for picture 2, because of the simplicity of colours, I would have a play with turning to b/w and seeing how it goes. But thats just me :)

The bee and the inch worm I would have zoomed in a bit closer, the leaves and other bits make it a bit too busy. Actually maybe just the bee one, I am beginning to like the inch worm one now.. :)

Man, that is wicked fish, is that one of those poisonious stone fish? You aussies have all sorts poisionous beasties over there. We just have small flightless birds (and the ferrel cats and drink drivers that kill them).

Marvelous first post Luke, can't wait to see more stuff from you!
Cheers!

Count me in on lovin' that first one. It's not only the colour and the sharpness, but the slightly 'off' angle of the subject creates more interest.

The inch worm is fun. I don't know how old I was last time I looked at an inchworm that close! I like the way it bisects the two colours of the background, but there would also be a good argument for getting in closer.

(clapping hands) Well posted!

Wow, I am really impressed. That flower with the water droplets looks so delicious I want to eat it! I also really like the inchworm one. The only thing I can say about the bee one is that all of the little spiky leaves are quite distracting and chaotic, but I think other than that you have a REALLY good eye for composition.
-Alicia

Very nice, love 'em all.
Favorite is #1, close-ups of flowers always appeal and the colors just add to it.
The fish looks like a regular grouper or similar to me, is it?
One question is how you got such a clear shot, please tell.
They all seem crisp so I assume you were using a tripod but what was the camera, settings etc.?
Welcome aboard!

The first one is beautiful, so crisp, so colourful. I've got a thing for water drops too. I like the bee as well, nice and clear with a good diagonal groove to it.

Many cheers! :D

thanks for the wonderful comments guys/girls!!!

VONNGUY- yeh, picture 2 would look good black/white, i never thought of that! :D

i couldn't zoom any closer to the catipillar, my macro is 2-3cm, and the worm is like 1cm long. but i could have zoomed closer to the bee, i just didn't really have the time, because he was about to fly away.

the fish is a grouper.

actually, i didn't use a tripod for any of those shots, just a very still hand! lol

luke z

Most reactions

Back