Hello , I'm new here. First post.

I X L R 8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've probably posted this into the wrong forum, but the most people were here in this category and I thought I might have a better chance of getting my question answered , quickly.

I've been into photography for a while.
My Minolta 700si is like brand new still to this day.
Lord, the money I put out on this camera with all the glass.

Sadly the day has come that I must move to digital and find a buyer for my current equipment.

My question here is:
I've decided on either the Nikon d5000, or the Canon t1i.
I'm on the fence between the two and had hoped someone might give me good advice.

I'm more partial to the Nikon but that doesn't mean it will be a better choice.
Primary use : Landscape photography, Ebay stuff, and general usage, pets and such, and some sports photography.

I would appreciate assistance from the photo Gods, quickly, as I intend to make a purchase within the next 12 hours.

thank you guys in advance.

I would go to the store and see which one feels better in your hands. Maybe someone else will chime in and will be able to tell you which camera those old lens would fit on. That I don't know. I know you would need some adapter to make them fit. I have a D90 and love it. My buddy has a Canon that I have used it in the past before i got the 90..nothing bad to say about Canon. Just the Nikon felt better and I always wanted a Nikon.

And yes, this is in the wrong section. should be posted in the General. But oh well, we cant win them all!

I would go to the store and see which one feels better in your hands.
This oft repeated advice is pretty much useless as you will quickly adapt to which ever camera you buy.

You can go to DxOMark - Compare sensors and compare unbiased testing of the 2 cameras image sensor quality parameters.

The Nikon has color-aware metering, the Canon does not.

The Nikon does not have a focus motor in the body, but neither does the Canon, but ALL Canons lenses have a focus motor in them while Nikon still offers a few camera lenses that don't have a focus motor in them.

That means those lenses would be manual focus only on the D5000. Those same, won't AF on a D5000 lenses, tend to be more expensive than their will auto focus on a D5000 counter parts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back