Hello, I'm new!

david1971

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to introduce myself. I am reviving an old interest of mine, which is photography. I am familiar with the basics, and at one point I did take a few courses in photography. This happened way back when film was still the medium of choice (and from what I see in this forum so far, it still is), and we didn't have the ease of previewing images like you have with digital photography. I like digital photography. I own a digital camera (Fujifilm Finepix E510) which has many features including the option to tinker around with manual settings and, in essence, be my own photograph sculpture. I recently bought a used film camera (they are in abundance on Ebay for CHEAP, YAY!!) which is a Minolta 7000 Maxum 35 mm SLR camera and I'm looking to put it to good use.

Could anyone tell me, or best refresh my memory, as to what is the best film to use with this type of camera. I don't want to print slides. I just want ordinary prints for now. Once I get into using the film camera, I'm just going to start out by getting myself familiar and refreshed and gradually evolve into snapping some quality photographs. I will be using this camera in/outdoors and I also would like to get some suggestions on color and B&W film.

Also, as far as this forum in concerned...
I get on other forums (Overclock.net, Cubase.net, Cinematography.com) and I'm usually asked to put what equipment I use in my profile. Should I do that here as well?

Thank you and I look forward to becoming active on this forum.

Regards,
David

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest starting with whatever film is convenient to you...whatever they have at the place you will develop it at. Maybe try a few different types and experiment until you find what turns your crank.

I get on other forums (Overclock.net, Cubase.net, Cinematography.com) and I'm usually asked to put what equipment I use in my profile. Should I do that here as well?
Actually, we sort of frown on that here. Firstly, we don't want huge lists under everyone's posts...it breaks up the threads and makes it harder to read. Secondly, most of us believe that it's the photographer that counts not the equipment...so we don't want to put an emphasis on what gear we use.

Gotcha!

Thanks for the advice!

I did go out and buy some Fuji 400 color 35mm film, so I'll try that and put it to good use this weekend.

I want to post some of my photos that I have taken in the last few months with my digital camera. I'll do it later because I have to get ready for work right now, but I find it difficult to get a good outside picture particularly because it is so fridgidly cold outside.

Anyway, keep your eye open. I'll post my pictures.

Thanks,
David

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Good to hear you got a great bargain on your film cam.

I think you can put your equipment in your profile (under the "My Cameras" section), but it's preferred that you not put it in your signature.

Welcome David! Enjoy the Forum.

Most reactions

Back