Hello, my name is Mike

mjsneddon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings all-

I joined a short while ago but have not been able to spend much time here. I hope to change that as I have enjoyed reading the various threads, articles, etc.

I got interested in photography a long time ago. My first real camera was a Yashica SLR which I purchased in Vietnam in 1969. I had a darkroom for a while in the 1970s. Got away from photography for about 15 years (during which time we raised our two boys). I got back into it in the mid 90s.

I eased into digital by continuing to shoot film but using a film scanner to have a "digital darkroom". My first digital camera purchase was actually a gift for my wife on the occasion of the birth of our first grandchild (Canon S230, March of 2003).

My first digital camera (for myself) was a Canon G5. It took excellent photographs but was frustrating in its "slowness". I sold it and bought a Canon 20D (I had a Canon film camera and lenses already). The 20D is a great camera. Eventually I acquired a Canon 5D which is just excellent. It allowed me to fall in love all over again with wide angle photography! Both of these have superior low light / high ISO performance.

Later still I purchased a Panason LX2 to have a compact camera. It also makes beautiful images but I am still trying to come to grips with its not having an optical viewfinder.

My wife of almost 39 years and I like to travel - mostly by car, taking the back roads as much as possible and eating in the "mom-and-pop" restaurants, seeing all the different kinds of beauty that God has provided. In addition to photography and travel, I consider eating food my third hobby - which fits in with travel nicely also.

I look forward to being a contributing member of The Photography Forum.

Respectfully,

Mike Sneddon
Mattoon, IL, USA

Hi Mike, glad to have you with us. Welcome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back