Hello, new chick!

Dmodegirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Cathy, 31 from Southern California.
I'm really new to photography, as in just learning basics right now. I have a Canon S3 that I love. I havent ventured into lenses etc yet. I'm just experimenting with the camera itself (& filters) and what it does. I'm taking an intro class in Jan just for the fun of it.
Other than photography I'm a bit of a nerd. I teach American Hist, I love driving, walking my dog, reading, theme parks (Disney lol) movies, music, Egyptology, archaeology and anything fun with friends and family. I'm loud, blunt and not all that shy, so feel free to ask me anything :)

Dmodegirl said:
I teach American Hist... I'm loud, blunt and not all that shy, so feel free to ask me anything :)
Anything? OK... could you write my dissertation for me please? :lol:

Welcome to the forum!

I'd be happy to write your dissertation! It's going to cost you camera equipment though ;) lol

I've been searching boards today hehehe. Some I can already tell I wont go back to lol

Thanks for the welcomes!

Welcome... have not been here too long myself, but this is (in my opinion) the best forum on the net. You won't find the attitudes here that are present on most boards. You already have a leg up on some of us, you live in Southern Cal. The photo ops there are limitless.

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, DMG. I think you will feel "at home" here :D.

Hi. I am Michael. I am 17. I enjoy long walks at sunset on the beach with the occasional picture (or 10). I swim upside-down, hike backwards, play polo with a donkey, and fly planes from the wing!

Oh and I love PHOTOGRAPHY

Welcome to the forum!!

~Michael~

Yo to all. Dmodegirl, I'm in SoCal (half the time, anyway). Where are you taking classes? There are some very good ones at UCLA Extension and at Julia Dean that I could recommend.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back