hello, new here and need some directions

mynewlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
im new here, only just found this forum a minute ago! i need some directions as where to post the following request. I also posted this in another photography forum, hence my preparedness to post. thank you!

Thread topic: Looking for a collection of landscape photos to buy
Thread info: i would like to buy some sort of book or magazine that is essentially a collection of landscape photography. I enjoy looking at them. im not interested much in the art of photography; just a simple book with a collection of landscape photos will do. can anyone help me find one? I've been to Barnes and Noble and I found one that i might be interested in (National Audubon Society Guide to Landscape Photography, by Tim Fitzharris) if i cant find a book dedicated to just the photos of landscapes. that book contains text that i dont want to pay for, though, so i continue my search.

I am not quite sure why you need your book for, but I would recommend First Light by Joe Cornish. He is a British landscape photographer and the pictures are mainly taken in the UK. There is little text in the book and he is technically very very good (he shoots with a 4x5 large format camera). What I really like about his work is his compositions. Worth checking if you can find it in a library near you. He also has a website (www.joecornish.com) if you want to check if you like his style.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
most bookshops often carry a few big landscape books - light on words and big on prints. Heck with the amount of colour ink going into them the words are the cheap part of a book - the expensive side is the images themselves

Best bet would be to head to a book store and ask a clerk.
Or head to amazon.com and do some searching and read the reviews posted by other members.

I am not quite sure why you need your book for, but I would recommend First Light by Joe Cornish. He is a British landscape photographer and the pictures are mainly taken in the UK. There is little text in the book and he is technically very very good (he shoots with a 4x5 large format camera). What I really like about his work is his compositions. Worth checking if you can find it in a library near you. He also has a website (www.joecornish.com) if you want to check if you like his style.
$40 is quite a bit. how many photographs are in this book and what quality are they? also, how big are they?

$40 is quite a bit. how many photographs are in this book and what quality are they? also, how big are they?

It is a monograph (only one photographer: Joe Cornish). The quality of the pictures and the printing of the book is excellent.

Hi there, I am also new here but I will try and help you out.

I did a bit of searching and came across this book which looks relatively good. it has 85 full colour pages out of 112 if you are looking for limited text. Hope this helps and good luck in your search.

The book link can be found here: Mark Hatasaka's Digital Landscape Photography Book

Most reactions

Back