Hello - new to this site...and to my camera :)

Darkstreets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, just found this online forum and thought I'd make a post as well :)
Some great information here.

Me, I just (about 1-2 weeks ago) got a new "to me" Fuji X100 camera and have had it out twice now to take some photos and try it out.
So far I rather like it but have still a ways to go when it comes to learning the buttons and that looooong manual :)

Here are some photos from when I took it out a couple of days ago and took the train back home.

Any comments at all are of course greatly appreciated. Happy to be 'here' :)

$DSCF0551_zps6660dc46.jpg

$DSCF0556_zps0e441b79.jpg

$DSCF0557_zpse791d3de.jpg

Welcome to TPF Dark. We're glad to have you. I like the 3 photo's you posted and the third has to be my favorite of them all. Although if I could add any help I would say add a little bit more exposure to them so they are a little brighter. But, that's just me. Thanks for joining the ranks and I hope to see your work more often!

Thanks for your kind words. I make no claims to these being great by any means - still trying to figure the camera out..and well, the camera can't work wonders ;-)

I know what you mean about them being dark and I actually, I must admit, did set the exposure compensation to - 1/2 to a full stop because it was so bright through the windows it thew the metering off. I was using averaged metering and in retrospect maybe I should have used spot metering.

Ah, that makes sense now! Don't be afraid to let things that aren't the subject blow out. Some times you have to in order to get your subject perfectly lit. But all is well :) I'm glad you're here and learning. We all have something to learn, I'll be the first to admit it.

Oh believe me, I have heaps to learn :)
Now...if it wasn't for that scotch I would had opened up the manual of the camera again..... ;)

Most reactions

Back