Hello newbie from Australia!

Adadrian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I am a newbie photography enthusiast with limited experience with photo photography and compact point and shoot photography, I have some photos that have been used by Holden Australia and Harley Davidson Australia that I will include, I’m a absolute beginner in “dslr photography” and know NOTHInG. So any advice given will be appreciated !!! I’m hoping to learn heaps and make some friends

I just bought a entry level camera last week a Nikon 3500d and a Tamron 70-300mm lens so any advice needed I have no idea what I’m doing lol!

Attachments

• C68332AB-BFF8-49BD-98F5-8C2C567F431B.jpeg
    C68332AB-BFF8-49BD-98F5-8C2C567F431B.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 305AEFEB-4A97-4949-A7C5-47F05A9751B7.jpeg
    305AEFEB-4A97-4949-A7C5-47F05A9751B7.jpeg
    545.3 KB · Views: 91
Hey buddy, if Holden is is using your pics, that means you aren't a noob. You are waaaaaayyyy better than I am.

PS. The pics are awesome.

Hey buddy, if Holden is is using your pics, that means you aren't a noob. You are waaaaaayyyy better than I am.

Haha thanks, I know how to point and click a iPhone and a compact camera ! When it comes to serious cameras I know nothing at all!

Hi and welcome. Nice shots - I like the sunlight in the car image.

You will have fun extending your skills to a dslr, and also lots of opportunities to blow some cash on lenses.

Haha thanks, I know how to point and click a iPhone and a compact camera ! When it comes to serious cameras I know nothing at all!

The pic was taken via an Iphone?

.. any advice needed I have no idea what I’m doing lol!
Welcome!

Both sample shots have composition issues.

#1; Auto and boat. Usually take one or the other, but both simply doesn't fit the frame. You have cropped both in this shot.

#2; motorcycle and rider. Strong horizontal elements are dominating the shot by continuing left to right, right "through" the main subject. Next time, find a place that has a less-distracting background.

Keep it going!

#1; Auto and boat. Usually take one or the other, but both simply doesn't fit the frame. You have cropped both in this shot.

Keep it going!

Just for my knowledge if the picture had to be taken for better composition, where would the frame begin and end. For example, would it have turned better if half of the boat trailer tow bar was in the pic (no boat) and the whole of the car? Just learning about composition :)

Hey guys I am a newbie photography enthusiast with limited experience with photo photography and compact point and shoot photography, I have some photos that have been used by Holden Australia and Harley Davidson Australia that I will include, I’m a absolute beginner in “dslr photography” and know NOTHInG. So any advice given will be appreciated !!! I’m hoping to learn heaps and make some friends

I just bought a entry level camera last week a Nikon 3500d and a Tamron 70-300mm lens so any advice needed I have no idea what I’m doing lol!
Welcome to the Forum! I’ve learned a lot from a lot of people here.

Just for my knowledge if the picture had to be taken for better composition, where would the frame begin and end. For example, would it have turned better if half of the boat trailer tow bar was in the pic (no boat) and the whole of the car? Just learning about composition :)
If you can't get both units in the picture, then just one, but try to get the entire car or entire boat, but if you have to get only one, then just the edge of the other unit, not half. This concept holds for people and parts of people as well.

My first try would be to get both car and boat in one picture, but since the combo is very long, I might try to put the boat trailer at an angle to the car so the photograph would not be so "stretched out" lengthwise.

Jola from the US Outback... AKA the Southwest.

The Hog pic is very nice overall.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back