Hello people of the Photo Forum!

Sam Price

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone!

Brand new here, so I wanted to post a quick hello and ask a question or two about the forums.

I'm pretty new to the whole photography thing in general. I purchased my first DSLR about six months ago (Canon T3i). I do pretty much all of my shooting with that, as well as a few things with my GoPro (Hero 3, Black). I shoot primarily with the kit lens (18-55 IS), the nifty fifty (50 mm, f1.8; I'm sure most of you know), and an older Tamron 70-300. I'm looking for a nice upgrade for the kit lens, and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for an upgrade with a similar focal length. I've looked into the Sigma 17-50 f2.8 EX DC OS HSM quite a bit, and it seems to have a lot of positive reviews. Any suggestions?

Also, where should I post photos that I want to have users check out, critique, etc.?

Anyways, glad to be a part of this forum now. I look forward to learning new things.

Feel free to checkout my Flickr account to see the majority of what I have been shooting lately:

Flickr sampricephoto s Photostream

Thanks a lot,

Sam Price

Welcome!!

There is a section of the forums called Photo Galleries and each board is used for different types of photographs.

While you are allowed to post more than one image per thread it is recommended that you limit it to one image per thread if you would like a constructive critique. It's a lot easier for people to talk about one image than it is for them to critique 4 or 5.

Welcome to TPF Sam...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back