Hello there everyone

gunghorjc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Name's Ricky. I'm 25-years-old and I make ice cream for a living.

Back in high school I took a semester of photography and really enjoyed it. Our teacher didn't let us use digital, it was strictly film, and we had a dark room and developed it and everything. That was back in 2003 though and since graduating I've never purchased a camera or anything.

So through facebook I got in contact with a friend of mine who was in my photography class. I told her I was on craigslist looking for used digital cameras and she had one. A Kodak Easyshare Z8612 IS digital camera. The cool thing is, she said I could have it for free. Which was awfully nice, seeing as how it's a $200 camera.

So I'm going to get back into photography! I've been playing around with the camera all day, learning it's functions and capabilities. It takes a little getting used to the camera, but I think it'll be a nice starting point for my photography endeavors.

So I've joined the forum here to learn more about the art of photography and get some feedback on future pictures I take. I downloaded the PDF manual for the camera and I'd like to learn the manual settings (though I've been told it's for more advanced users, such as aperture, shutter speed, exposure compensation, flash compensation, and ISO speed). I know very little about all of the settings there. But I want to learn. :D

Any suggestions, thoughts, and info would be great. I look forward to learning and interacting with everyone. :)

Hi Ricky,

Welcome to the forum! :) That's cool you got that camera for free, very nice indeed!!

This is a great place to learn. If you want to learn some basic stuff to get started visit my blog links below.

I think you'll enjoy this forum. This must be an exciting time for you. Getting back into it, a free camera, registered on a photography forum. Have fun!!

Most reactions

Back