hello there

chall33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! My name is Christine and I am very new to photography. I've always liked taking photographs and would love to learn more about how to improve. I wanted to take photography in high school but the class was always full so I look forward to learning from all of you! I just got a Nikon D40 in June. I figured it was a good place to start since I know very little about photography. I can't wait to learn how to get the best out of the camera and my eyes haha! :D

The best way to learn in a practical way is: Play with the camera ! Take shots of what ever you like, experiment with the camera, see what it can do.

Get to know the camera.

And of course show us the results.

Hey Christine, welcome aboard. Like someone said before, experiment, experiment... And have fun!

Welcome! As mentioned above, the best way to start is taking shots. It's not uncommon for someone to take 300 - 400 shots just getting the camera's basic controls down. That is one nice thing about digital: you can take a "gazillion" shot just to play with things and delete them as needed.

Most reactions

Back