Hello there

kerria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello there, I'm a 21 years old student from the North of Italy. I like listening to music and playing the bass.
I've always been fascinated by landscapes but I started getting really interested in photography just some months ago, looking back at some old pictures I've taken on a quite inspiring trip to the Alps.
As a beginner I hope I'll be able to find some tips, help and critics here.
At the moment my only camera is my Oneplus 3T's: I'll wait in order to gain a bit more experience before making investments of any sort xD

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of the forum's sections: any suggestions on what to begin with? :)

At the moment my only camera is my Oneplus 3T's: I'll wait in order to gain a bit more experience before making investments of any sort xD
Welcome!

No need to feel self-conscious about your camera. Use what you have and make beautiful photographs.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of the forum's sections: any suggestions on what to begin with? :)
I suggest that you simply visit all the forums and read one or two threads to get the flavor of what is in there. No need to participate in any particular thread unless you are so motivated.

If you have a question, select the forum where it seems to fit best, and begin a new thread and ask your question.

You can also post a photograph for criticism and comment (C&C).

Hello there, I'm a 21 years old student from the North of Italy. I like listening to music and playing the bass.
I've always been fascinated by landscapes but I started getting really interested in photography just some months ago, looking back at some old pictures I've taken on a quite inspiring trip to the Alps.
As a beginner I hope I'll be able to find some tips, help and critics here.

Welcome! I too am new to this and it is exciting and also overwhelming, at times.

Landscape photography is great and also a way to motivate yourself to go to new places, meet new people, and go on adventures you might otherwise pass up. I am also finding myself interested in this genre of photography. It even inspired me to go on a four month trip.

Being new to this myself, I can not offer many technical tips, but I will offer encouragement. I hope to see some of your future captures!

Hello, and Welcome

I have never been to Northern Italy, but have been to Rome on multiple occasions. Just loaded with history. About being overwhelmed. Instead of trying to understand multiple things at once. Just pick one subject and search / learn about it until you have a good understanding of it. Then pick another one. There is lots of information available on here, don't try to absorb it all at once.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Landscape photography is great and also a way to motivate yourself to go to new places, meet new people, and go on adventures you might otherwise pass up. I am also finding myself interested in this genre of photography. It even inspired me to go on a four month trip.

Four months! Must have been quite a journey! Where did you go?
Yeah I remember my dad bought me a National Geographic landscape photography guide (by Robert Caputo) some 12 years ago. Never stopped being fascinated by those pictures.

Thank you for the encouragement: I hope to see some of your shots soon ^^

Hello, and Welcome
I have never been to Northern Italy, but have been to Rome on multiple occasions. Just loaded with history.
I've never been to Rome myself to be honest: never had the occasion. There are so many places worth visiting here that it is difficult to choose where to go first xD
I don't really like crowded places though, so big cities are usually not my first pick.

Hello, and Welcome
Instead of trying to understand multiple things at once. Just pick one subject and search / learn about it until you have a good understanding of it. Then pick another one. There is lots of information available on here, don't try to absorb it all at once.
Thank you for the suggestion, I really appreciate that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back